Beginning on January 15, Queen of Hearts drawings will take place on Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. at The Black Sheep, 8888 159th Street, Orland Hills, IL. When the Queen of Hearts is revealed, one lucky winner will split the jackpot with Community Services Foundation (winner need not be present)! Additionally, one person is guaranteed to win at least a $100 prize each week.
Tickets can be bought exclusively at The Black Sheep for $1 each!
Read more to learn about the rules, regulation and payout procedures for Queen of Hearts. For additional questions, contact Kathi Peteroccelli at email@example.com or (708) 429-1260 ext. 3342.
About Queen of Hearts: The Queen of Hearts raffle is a weekly progressive game of chance. The game board is purchased from a manufacturer and consists of a deck of 54 cards that are shuffled, placed randomly, and then sealed. Each week, a ticket is drawn from ticket sales made in the previous week and the chosen ticket holder will choose a number on the board that corresponds with the card they want revealed.
The player that chooses the Queen of Hearts wins the grand prize and will split the jackpot with Community Services Foundation (CSF) in the way outlined in #6 below. If the Queen of Hearts is not chosen, the jackpot rolls over and all tickets are discarded. The sale of tickets begins again for the next weeks drawing and will continue each week until the Queen of Hearts is revealed.
- All raffle tickets are $1.00 per chance with no limit on the number of tickets that may be purchased. Tickets will be sold up to 30 minutes prior to each weeks drawing. Tickets are available for purchase exclusively at The Black Sheep, located at 8888 W 159th Street, Orland Hills, IL. 60462.
- There can be only one name and phone number per ticket and it must be legibly written and placed in the ticket bin. The other half of the ticket will be retained by the purchasing player for verification. Ticket color will rotate each week as tickets purchased are only good for that week’s drawing.
- If the ticket purchaser will not be present at the drawing, they may write the number of the card they want revealed on their ticket along with their name and phone number. If the name, phone number, and card number is not legible (verified by 3 people), that ticket will be discarded and another will be chosen. If a player who is not present at the drawing chooses a number that has already been revealed on the board, that ticket will automatically be discarded and another chosen.
- The drawing will take place at 7:30 sharp on Tuesday nights at The Black Sheep. The clock at The Black Sheep will be considered the official clock for drawing time. Drawings will not be held on any holiday that may fall on a Tuesday, so if that occurs, there will be no drawing that week and it will resume the following week. The jackpot amount, based on ticket sales, will be updated weekly and displayed at the bar
- The total prize jackpot will continue to accumulate weekly until the Queen of Hearts is drawn minus the following prize payouts: JOKERS $200, FACE CARDS OR ACES $150, all other cards are $100 (These prizes are not split with CSF).
- When the Queen of Hearts is drawn the payout for the winner is as follows:
- From the total jackpot, 10% will automatically be taken to start the next drawing and the remaining pot will be split as follows.
- If the winner is present at the drawing they will split the pot with 60% going to them and 40% going to CSF. Being present is defined as being on the property of The Black Sheep at the time of the drawing.
- If the winner is not present, they will receive 50% of the pot and the remaining 50% will go to CSF.
Employees, volunteers, and Board Members of Community Services Foundation and CTF ILLINOIS, along with their immediate family, are not eligible to play. Immediate family is considered spouse, parents, grandparents, children and grandchildren, brothers and sisters, in-laws.
CTF IL will strictly follow rules outlined in IRS Publication 3079 Tax-Exempt Organizations and Gaming in regards to the reporting and taxing on winnings.
This raffle is running in accordance with Section 2 of the Raffles Act (230 ILCS 15/2) and Section 116.07 of the Orland Hills Village Code.